It’s finally upon us…. Long, balmy afternoons spent down the park with friends and the feeling of sun kissed skin. The focus of our second retreat is therefore on seasonal foods that provide energy and lift our mood during the Summer months when all you want to do is come out and play!
Nothing says high Summer vibes more than our retreat Superfood, Cacao. Raw Cacao powder is made by cold-pressing unroasted Cocoa beans and is the purest form of chocolate you can consume as it is far less processed than cocoa powder or chocolate bars. It is also a fantastic source of antioxidants, magnesium and iron. A spoonful can literally transform smoothies or desserts, as you will find out on the retreat!
The Summer RESET Superfood will run throughout the menu plans for RESET between July 24th and 30th. Read more about our seasonal urban retreat and Kate Whitelock, our resident nutritionist who has created all the recipes, here.
Ingredients: Makes enough for 10-12 brownies
- 200g soaked nuts (I like to use 50/50 walnuts/pecans)
- 160g medjool dates
- 70g cacao powder
- 40g sour cherries
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- Pinch of salt
- Line a square baking dish with parchment paper
- Soak your nuts in water for approx. 1 hour. Drain and add to your food processor and blitz until you get a crumbly texture
- Add in the remaining ingredients and pulse a few times until it is all well combined and starting to resemble a ball
- Remove the mixture, break apart and then add it to the food processor again. Do this 2-3 times until you get a lovely smooth looking texture
- Flatten out your brownie mix and push down so that it is nicely packed down
- Place the dish in the freezer for 20 mins. Remove and then cut into 10 pieces and keep in the fridge