London Borough of Waltham Forest is the first ever London Borough of Culture this year, and we are partnering with them to offer some very special yoga workshops at One Hoe St, the Borough of Culture building. You’ll find One Hoe St about 5 minutes walk from the studio towards the Bell pub. Booking is via the links on this page, and unfortunately we cannot accommodate dropins. Please bring your own mat.
- February 24th 2019, 10 – 11.30am – Yoga with James Cassidy, accompanied by live music
EAST OF EDEN PRESENTS YOGA WITH LIVE MUSIC: A JOURNEY THROUGH THE CHAKRAS, EXPLORING OUR ENERGETIC BODY THROUGH MOVEMENT, BREATH AND A LIVE, INTEGRATED SOUNDSCAPE
Join James Cassidy and come together as a local and universal community, celebrating not just the physical body but the energetic bodymind. James will guide you through a hatha tantric flow, establishing foundation in the breath, body and mind, before exploring the energetic centres, known as chakras, or wheels of energy, that are governed by the 5 elements. We will move from the Earth element, through Water, Fire, air, Ether and Light, discovering our true, transcendent quality. We will be accompanied on our journey by Layil on viol and Manudo playing bansuri (indian flute), creating a live music soundscape, complementing and stimulating the vibrational qualities of the chakras. This will be a stimulating and ultimately balancing practice, bringing equilibrium and harmony to the bodymind complex.
This workshop is open to all except complete beginners. 10 – 11.30am, £15.
2. March 10th 2019, 10 – 11.30am – Family Yoga Workshop with Lisa Carmody
3. March 24th 2019,10 – 11.30am – Mythical Flow with Tanja Mickwitz and Kirtan
4. April 7th 2019, London Marathon Special – Yoga for Runners, 10 – 11.30am
5. April 18th 2019, 10 – 11.30am – Easter Holidays Family Yoga
6. May 5th 2019, 10 – 11.30am – New Moon Yoga with Sound Bath, with Hermione Armitage
7. May 19th, 2019, 10 – 11.30am – Yoga and Aromatherapy for Stress and Anxiety with Sarah Rush – for Mental Health Week